How to Make Homemade Hummus
I’ve been really craving hummus lately, but I’ve also been on a DIY kick. So, I decided to look up some recipes on how to make hummus at home and came across this super simple one from Inspired Taste on Youtube. If you want to try your hand in making some tasty, really easy to make hummus, keep reading below. If not, keep reading below. lol
Easy Homemade Hummus
- 1 food processor (a blender or chopper will also work)
- 1/2 cup tahini sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can (8 oz) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- salt to taste
- Stir up the tahini sauce and add it to the food processor.
- Add lemon juice and run the food processor for about 1 minute.
- Next, add the garlic, olive oil, ground cumin, chickpeas, and about 1/2 tsp of salt to start.
- Run the processor for another minute. Then, stop to scrape the sides and to taste test whether more salt is needed.
- Run the processor another minute.
- Once it's at the texture and taste you prefer, you can be done.
Once it reaches your desired consistency, you’re all done. Grab your pita bread or your favorite dipping veggies, and enjoy! For a little razzle dazzle, sprinkle some chili powder or your favorite seasoning on top. Now you can teach others how to make homemade hummus also!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe and if you add anything else, like roasted bell peppers or garlic.