Easy One Pan Breakfast Casserole
This one pan breakfast casserole with sausage is very easy, and you can easily customize it by adding other ingredients. The sausage almost makes a crust at the bottom, giving your taste buds a nice surprise!
Last weekend, my husband asked if I could whip up some breakfast for us and my mother-in-love, who’s visiting us. I knew we had some eggs we needed to get rid of, and we just bought sausage on our last grocery trip. So, I had the idea to make some kind of quiche. Mind you, I’ve never made a quiche before. So once I saw the time it took, I decided to go another route, making a quiche-like dish, which I settled on calling a casserole.
To lock in my idea, I scoured the fridge to see what all I could add. What I found was shredded cheese, campari tomatoes, and a bit of salsa, I liked where this was going and didn’t want to make it too complex. So, I settled on those ingredients. Making this was basically a shot in the dark since I was just winging the whole thing, but luckily, it turned out great, and was hubby and mother-in-love approved.
I finished the meal by just making a slice of toast for each of us, and I made us a Pineapple Fizz, which is just pineapple juice and Sprite. You can also substitute the Sprite for ginger ale, or you can add sparkling wine for a fancy mimosa.
One Pan Breakfast Casserole
- 1 deep 10 in pan
- 8 oz sausage choose your spice level
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup mild salsa
- 2 campari tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- seasoning to taste
- Set burner on medium high heat, and place plan on burner. Once the pan is hot, add sausage.
- Break the into crumbles with your preferred cooking utensil (I used a spatula), and cook the sausage until brown.
- While the sausage is browning, beat eggs and add your preferred seasoning. I used Sooo Matcha Soul seasoning from Caribreoso Flavor Boutique.
- Add eggs to pan with sausage, distributing them evenly. Then let them cook for a few seconds.
- Evenly pour salsa. Then add tomatoes, and let cook for 5 minutes, never stirring the ingredients.
- While the casserole cooks, preheat oven to 400°.
- Sprinkle ½ cup shredded cheese on top of casserole, and place casserole in the oven, cooking for 15 minutes.
- Check after 15 minutes. If the eggs aren't fully cooked, continue to cook in 5 minute intervals until done. I cooked mine for 10 additional minutes following the initial 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice into eighths, and immediately serve.
I also recommend making this one pan breakfast casserole for brunch. It’s very easy and relatively fast to put together and cook. You can even make different variations for your breakfast and brunch guests to have options. I plan to add spinach in the future to see how that meshes. The options are virtually limitless for this dish!
Thank you for checking out my recipe! Let me know how it turns out for you and if you customize it at all.