Spring 2022 One Room Challenge: Week 3

 

Well well well, looks like it’s week 3 already. Seems like it was just 4 days ago when I posted my week 2 blog (because it was).

Weeks 2 and 3 kind of merged together because I started week 2’s tasks a few days before the week was over. So, here’s the progress from week 3.

 


So, if you saw my original mood board or have been following along on Instagram, you saw that I found my dream washer and dryer set that I didn’t even know existed. It was a brushed black Samsung set with all the bells and whistles. They’re truly beautiful! They were on sale for $798 each at Home Depot, and we were looking around hoping to find them for an even lower price.

Then, I was scrolling through Facebook on my work break and saw that one of my friends was moving and selling her basically new set for just $200! That’s the price for both, together!

 

 

Installing the new appliances, the actual process of hooking them up, wasn’t hard. The hard part was lugging these gargantuan things from the garage into the laundry room!

On a regular day, this is about a 2 step walk, but while dollying and maneuvering this 5’ tall washer and dryer, it was about 55 steps each! Did I mention there’s a step up from the garage to the laundry room?? Luckily William was able to borrow a dollie. Otherwise, they’d still be in the same spot! Oh, and shout out to our friend Mike for helping William get them out the truck. I definitely couldn’t help with that at ALL!

 

 

Now, in a perfect world, I wouldn’t have been worn out and would’ve painted the wall before we put the washer and dryer in the room, but this isn’t a perfect world. So, we- I’ll just have to deal with it. Hopefully it won’t be too hard or terrible.

As far as cleaning, the floors are completely clean now. So much so, that I haven’t let the dogs back in there yet. Now that the grout is dry, it actually does look like when the floors were first done. All it took was some toilet cleaner and a little bit of elbow grease!

The walls on the other hand . . . let’s just say they need a bit more work.

It’s been a while since I actually designed our laundry room makeover. I was just doing it as a type of daydreaming thing. Then our washer went out about a month ago, and I had my chance to make it a reality. When we started looking for a new washer, I saw it was time to register for the Spring round of the One Room Challenge for this year. So I pounced on the opportunity without a second thought!

 

 

Since it had been a while since I came up with the original mood board, though, some of the materials were sold out or just no longer sold altogether, the most important being the rug. So, that was part of my mission this week, finding a new rug that fit the room and also went with the new washer and dryer that also weren’t part of the original plan.

 

 

So, behold my new design idea for the laundry room. It’s mostly the same idea, just rotated and adjusted here and there. It should make for a good adventure, but before we can get to the cute stuff, we need to fix/replace these door mouldings and tear some stuff up.

In other words, I’ll see you next week for week 4’s progress report. Let’s hope I keep my promise of posting on time. Also, remember to check out the other participants one the One Room Challenge blog!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.